Lord Huron - We went wild

One of the first "new" bands to catch my ear this year is Lord Huron.

You'll probably have come across their single 'Time to run', from an EP of the same name.

Lord Huron - Time To Run from Lord Huron on Vimeo.



I like it, it's good, but there's another song on that EP that got me a bit distracted. It has some glorious South African style guitar work and, of all things, a two-step backbeat. It also has a top layer of beautiful Fleet Foxalike vocal harmonies. The whole effect is a little bit like Paul Simon's Graceland transplanted to the US west coast.

I'll be interested to hear if they can sustain it over a whole album, but for now, they're getting me through January very nicely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2014 - Part 4: Jazz/Chamber/Orchestral/Wonky/Ambient/Minimalist

Best of 2014 - Part 3: Psych/Krautrock/Punk/Blues/Glam/Tropical

Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations (The Leaf Label)