Playlist 495 - Singers & Vocals Mix 2, Dec 2018

A little while back I put together a mix of my favourite singers and vocalists.

There were 39 tracks in it but as soon as I finished it I realised there were loads I’d forgotten about.

So here’s Part 2 (possibly of an ongoing series).

There’s a capella, shoegaze (a genre often highlights and heightens the vocals), stirring soul, sunshine pop, jazz, group singing, solo.

It can be hard to distinguish where the great song ends and the great singer starts.

Is it the song or the singer?

I don’t know but I know what I like.

Enjoy.



Playlist
Nat King Cole – Nature boy (Capitol)
Doris Day – Secret love (from the soundtrack of the film Calamity Jane)
Julee Cruise – Falling (from the soundtrack of the film/tv series Twin Peaks)
Susanna & the Magical Orchestra – Hallelujah (Rune Grammafon)
Laetitia Sadier – Invitation au silence (Drag City)
C Duncan – Silence and air (Fat Cat)
Kathryn Joseph – the want (Hits The Fan Records)
Jonathan Hering – Hear my prayer (Brawl)
MJ Lallo – Birth of a star child (Lo Recordings)
Josephine Foster – Little lamb (Fire)
Camille – Fontaine de lait (Because)
Moondog – Each today is yesterday’s tomorrow (Columbia)
Juana Molina – Un dia (Domino)
The Delfonics – Ready or not, here I come (Philly Groove)
The Association – Come on in (Warner Bros)
Gloria Jones – Tainted love (Champion)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2014 - Part 4: Jazz/Chamber/Orchestral/Wonky/Ambient/Minimalist

Best of 2014 - Part 3: Psych/Krautrock/Punk/Blues/Glam/Tropical

Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations (The Leaf Label)