Playlist 498 - Best of 2018 Part 2: Baroque/Jangle/Sunshine Pop



The 2nd instalment of my Best of 2018 review.

In no particular order although I wouldn't argue if you forced me to pick Kacey Johansing (pictured) as my album of the year.

3rd part to follow soon.

Enjoy.

Playlist
Kacy & Clayton – The light of day (New West Records)
Hiss Golden Messenger – Rock holy (Merge)
Jess Williamson – I see the white (Mexican Summer)
Kacey Johansing – Do you want me (Night Bloom Records/Melodic)
Get Well Soon – Martyrs (City Slang)
Lake Ruth – Julia’s call (Feral Child)
Those Unfortunates – John Cronin is unwell
Hater – I wish I gave you more time because I love you (Fire)
Tanukichan – Perfect (Company Records)
The Sea & Cake – I should care (Thrill Jockey)
Crayola Lectern – Rescue mission (Onomatopoeia)
BOYTOY – Mary Anne (Stolen Body Records)
La Luz – Cicada (Hardly Art)
The Chills – Bad sugar (Fire)
Comet Gain – If not tomorrow (Tapete)
Damien Jurado – Allocate (Secretly Canadian)
Daniel Knox feat. Nina Nastasia – The poisoner (HP Johnson Presents…)
Modern Studies – Young sun (Fire)
Spike & Debbie – Always sunshine (Tiny Global Productions)
Alison Statton & Spike – Open portal (Tiny Global Productions)
St Vincent – Savior (Caroline)
Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga – Shallow (from the soundtrack of the film A Star is Born) (Interscope)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2014 - Part 4: Jazz/Chamber/Orchestral/Wonky/Ambient/Minimalist

Best of 2014 - Part 3: Psych/Krautrock/Punk/Blues/Glam/Tropical

Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations (The Leaf Label)