2022 - the year of the dan: chapter 10

Chapter 10

Leagues hooked up with Pretty Happy to stage a lovely day out in the park behind Shandon part of Cork Midsummer Festival. Food stalls. Coffee. Kids games. Cork Queer History. More on those talented Pretty Happy people later. On this day bands played in a cross sectioned caravan. It was midsummer. The wind blew. I took my 11 year old.

We saw I Dreamed I Dream play. Four young women looking shit cool and spitting fire and melody. The outstanding I played the bass was the highlight. My 11 year old is not easily impressed and she did not once ask if we could leave. We agreed they had something alright. Even cooler, we passed the bass player on our way to school the following week.

https://www.foggynotions.ie/festivals/festival/quare-cork-midsummer-2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2014 - Part 4: Jazz/Chamber/Orchestral/Wonky/Ambient/Minimalist

Best of 2014 - Part 3: Psych/Krautrock/Punk/Blues/Glam/Tropical

Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations (The Leaf Label)