2023 Live...Chapter 1: Marina Allen – The Workman’s Club, Dublin, Feb 9 2023

I did this last year. I'm doing it again this year. Live shows of the year and my thoughts on them. It helps me make sense of it all.

I hope you enjoy. x

***********

February was Marina Allen first.

Aircoach. Burger. Beer.

I spoke to her before the gig and recorded the conversation. Lovely person. The California-ness of her.

Considered. Balanced. Thoughtful.

Then into hardcore punk as a teenager.

And Meredith Monk.

I bought her a Moretti. Upstairs at The Workman’s Club where they queued at the bar in a straight line.

Me and P went to the show. Her wonderful voice. Clear as water. Her primary instrument.

Kacey Johansing played too. It was one of the moments of the year to hear The hiding from that album. The album of 2018 that went all over west Cork and Kerry.

I slept on the bus home.

It was a good roadtrip.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2014 - Part 4: Jazz/Chamber/Orchestral/Wonky/Ambient/Minimalist

Best of 2014 - Part 3: Psych/Krautrock/Punk/Blues/Glam/Tropical

Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations (The Leaf Label)