2023 live...Chapter 12: The Chills – Whelan’s, Dublin, June 22 2023

The opening piano riff of Double summer. And I am in tears.

For the 1990s.

For my wasted/wonderful youth.

For my 24 year old self.

Regret and joy and yearning.

For something.

But that melody. That chorus.

Gives me strength and hope.

Here goes double summer. Sharing with one another.

There was also Heavenly Pop Hit. My leather jacket. Male monster from the id. Monolith. You’re immortal.

In the latter the bass player even played trumpet with one hand and bass with the other which was memorable in itself.

But mostly thank fuck for Martin Phillipps.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2014 - Part 4: Jazz/Chamber/Orchestral/Wonky/Ambient/Minimalist

Best of 2014 - Part 3: Psych/Krautrock/Punk/Blues/Glam/Tropical

Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations (The Leaf Label)