2023 Live...Chapter 2: John Douglas – Coughlan’s, Cork, Feb 10 2023

The next night John Douglas was in Cork. Coughlans.

The man with a string of classics behind him with the Trashcan Sinatras.

The sleeping policeman.

Weightlifting.

The neighbour’s place.

So many.

These he played. I felt like I could die happy after hearing Weightlifting again. In that room.

The weight of the melody.

Started the gig with Walk on by in tribute to Burt Bacharach. Classy touch. He also found space for a Prefab Sprout number. We let the stars go. Impeccable taste.

I spoke to him after and mentioned Victoria Station 1999.

The I HATE MUSIC t-shirt. He had a chuckle.

What his songs mean to me. His band.

There was a gravity about him.

But holy fuck the songs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2014 - Part 4: Jazz/Chamber/Orchestral/Wonky/Ambient/Minimalist

Best of 2014 - Part 3: Psych/Krautrock/Punk/Blues/Glam/Tropical

Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations (The Leaf Label)